This article may contain links from our partners. We may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link. Please read our disclosure and how we make money.
Some of the best vegan meal prep ideas, easy to cook and delicious to eat. You’ll find plant-based breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks to satisfy your cravings!
Up until a few years ago, I didn’t even know what meal prep was! But now I am a converted.
Meal prep is a great way to save money on groceries, save time, and eat healthy food every day.
Sometimes vegan recipes can feel a bit laborious and complicated. That’s why I put together a list of vegan meal prep ideas that are not only delicious but easy to make.
Whether you are just starting out on a vegan diet, you are just trying it out for a few weeks, or you are a plant-based expert, meal prep is a great way to sort out your weekly food in very little time.
But what is vegan meal prep?
Vegan meal prep is all about cooking a few healthy meals ahead of time and portioning them out through the week.
You decide what to eat, prepare a grocery list based on the recipes you picked, and batch cook your meals all together.
This will help you save time, money and eat much healthier unprocessed plant-based meals.
Vegan meal prep is perfect if you are:
- working full-time and want to save money on lunches
- a student that wants to have food ready on the go
- busy parents that want to get their family eating healthy meals
- conscious about food waste
- someone who hates cooking every day, and prefer to concentrate the effort to once or twice a week!
Need a hand meal planning? Just download my free templates!
How awesome would it be not to have to think about what’s for dinner for an entire week? Weekly meal planning can do that for you! Just download my free weekly meal planners in two beautiful designs to kick-start your meal planning journey.
And if you need someone doing all the thinking for you…
Sometimes you just need an easy, no-brainer plan to follow.
So, while I was looking for a perfect vegan meal plan solution, I came across Melissa and her amazing The Fresh 20. For a few dollars a month, Melissa will send you a delicious meal plan for the week. Each plan will require you to buy only 20 ingredients, and you can prep a whole week’s worth of meals in 1 hour!
Don’t miss out! Try The Fresh 20 meal plan by clicking here and selecting the VEGAN option.
Vegan meal prep ideas
With so many vegan meal prep recipes to choose from, you will never run out of options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, or dessert!
If you want to jump to the right section quickly, click here:
There is nothing better than starting the day with a delicious breakfast. Whether you like salty or sweet breakfast, I’ve got you covered. These delicious recipes can be prepared ahead of time to begin the day the right way!
Sweet breakfast recipes
1. Smoothie Bowls Three Ways by Lauren Caris Cooks
Can Smoothies be meal prepped a day in advance? Of course, they can! Just prep the fruit in containers a few days ahead and then blend in the morning.
These delicious bowls of sunshine look amazing and taste delicious. How could a breakfast that looks this pretty not make you happy? From a berry-packed smoothie to a tropical bowl to green goodness. There is something to meal prep in advance for everyone!
2. 90-Second Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Quinoa by Simply Quinoa ~ 3. Vegan Carrot Cake Quinoa Breakfast Bars by Simply Quinoa
4. 6 Healthy Overnight Oats by Gathering Dreams
I love overnight oats! They are my favorite breakfast-to-go! With these delicious 6 recipes, you can meal prep your vegan breakfast for the week.
5. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Breakfast cookies by Yummy Yummy Kitchen ~ 6. DIY Muslei recipe by The Simple Veganista
7. Glorious Green Smoothie by Gathering Dreams
This creamy, nutritious, glorious green smoothie is loaded with greens, healthy fats, and protein. The perfect plant-based way to start your day. Just prep the veggies in advance and simply blend in the morning. This is my favorite green smoothie recipe to boost my energy and focus every morning. And if you love smoothies as much as I do, check out this thick and creamy berry smoothie too!
8. Grain-free granola + berry coconut chia parfaits by Occasionally Eggs ~ 9. Vegan Carrot Waffles by Love & Lemons
10. Breakfast Cookies by Gathering Dreams
These are my favorite breakfast cookies to meal prep! I bake them every week! These healthy breakfast cookies are gluten-free, vegan, naturally sweetened, packed with wholesome ingredients, and taste incredible! Try them and you won’t be disappointed.
11. The Ultimate No-Bake Breakfast Cookie Bites by Cotter Crunch ~ 12. Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl by The Simple Veganista
13. Vegan Bircher Muesli by Lauren Caris Cooks
This vegan bircher muesli is a great, delicious, and nutritious start to your day. Great to meal prep in advance, this simple breakfast is great for those mornings you are on the go!
14. Easy Vegan Waffles (5 Ingredients) by The Simple Veganista ~ 15. Vegan Dirty Chai Detox Breakfast Bowls by Cotter Crunch
Salty Breakfast recipes
16. Ultimate Vegan Breakfast Burrito by Lauren Caris Cooks
If you love burritos, you need to try this one! Stuffed full of breakfast goodness from scrambled chickpeas to fresh avocado, this really is the best way to start your day!
17. Vegan Avocado Toast by Gathering Dreams ~ 18. Vegan Vegetable Frittata by The Simple Veganista
19. Fluffy Chickpea Scramble by Minimalist Baker
A hearty chickpea scramble in 30 minutes with a secret ingredient that binds the chickpeas and makes them fluffy! A delicious, nutritious (10-ingredient), plant-based meal.
20. Vegan Quiche Muffins with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Spinach by Jessica in the Kitchen ~ 21. Simple Tofu Quiche by Minimalist Baker
22. Easy Vegan Breakfast Tacos by Minimalist Baker ~ 23. Quinoa Breakfast Tacos with Kale + Butternut Squash by Simply Quinoa
24. Kimchi Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos by The Simple Veganista ~25. Homemade Oven Baked Beans by Lauren Caris Cooks
Lunch and dinner are the most laborious meals of the day! These vegan meal prep ideas will help you make these meals a bit easier to prepare: whether you can prep them in the oven, on the stove, or in your slow cooker, all these recipes can be ready in little time. Plus, all these recipes are healthy, delicious, and easy to make! That’s what I like to call a win-win-win!
26. 10-Minute Chickpea Curry by Gathering Dreams
A rich and creamy chickpea curry, with great depth of flavors, surprisingly ready in only 10 minutes. This is one of my favorite vegan meal prep ideas. I eat it pretty much every week!
27. Easy Vegan Red Lentil Dal by Simply Quinoa ~ 28. Meal Prep Sesame Tofu Quinoa Bowls by Simply Quinoa
29. Mediterranean Lunch Boxes by Gathering Dreams
These Mediterranean lunch boxes are filled with healthy, fresh ingredients that include protein and good fats like hummus, olives, and chickpeas. And the best thing? They are ready in around 20 minutes!
30. Black Bean Plantain Enchilada Bake by Minimalist Baker ~ 31. Black Beans and Quinoa Balls with Spiralized Zucchini by Green Evi
32. Meal-Prep Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowls by Simply Quinoa
These easy vegetarian quinoa burrito bowls are the perfect recipe to meal prep for a healthy lunch or dinner. It makes 5 days’ worth of food in less than 20 minutes, is packed with nutrients, and tastes delicious!
33. Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Ginger Sauce by Jessica in the kitchen ~ 34. Black Bean and Plantain Arepa Sandwiches by Minimalist Baker
35. Super Easy Vegan Meatballs by The Clever Meal
These vegan meatballs are a healthier and cheaper alternative to your regular meatballs. They make a perfect family meal and delicious meal prep or school lunch box (totally kid-approved!).
36. 15-Minute Sweet Potato & Arugula Salad with Avocado + Creamy Peanut Butter Dressing by The Loopy Whisk ~ 37. Vegan Lunch Bowl by Lazy Cat Kitchen
38. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad by Gathering Dreams
This Mediterranean quinoa salad is by far one of my favorite vegan meal prep recipes for the summer. I love it both for dinner and lunch. It’s quick to put together, it requires minimal effort, and it’s incredibly tasty.
39. Crispy Quinoa Patties (Vegan) with Spinach and Tomatoes by Jessica in the Kitchen ~ 40. Quinoa Burrito Bowl by Veggies Save The Day
41. Vegan Fajita Bowls – 10 Min Prep, High Protein by Jessica in the kitchen ~ 42. Super Simple Vegan Burrito Bowl by Veggie Inspired
43. Panzanella Salad by Gathering Dreams
I LOVE tomatoes. I could eat them every day, especially in the summer. And this Italian inspired Panzanella salad is totally delicious and an incredible way to use juicy sun-ripen tomatoes! It makes a great light meal, and it’s a super easy recipe to meal prep.
44. Simple Stir Fry Spring Veggies by Lazy Cat Kitchen ~ 45. Fall Harvest Mason Jar Quinoa Salad by Simply Quinoa
46. Miso Glazed Sweet Potato Bowls by Making Thyme for Health~ 47. Easy Vegan Chilli sin Carne by Wall Flower Kitchen
48. Coconut Lentil Curry by Gathering Dreams
This creamy coconut and lentil curry is one of my favorite dinner recipes to make when I am short on time. Plus, it’s a healthy vegan meal prep idea that you can knock together in less than 15 minutes.
49. 1-Pot Vegetable Green Curry by Minimalist Baker ~ 50. Moroccan quinoa, carrot, and chickpea salad by Occasionally Eggs
51.15 Minute Asian Quinoa Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing by Jessica in the kitchen ~ 52. Vegan quinoa salad with avocado, beans, corn, and peaches by Yummy Yummy Kitchen
53. Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Meal Prep Bowls by Making Thyme for Health
These meal prep bowls are packed full of healthy vegetables and topped with a lemon tahini sauce. Whether you make them for lunch or dinner, they are sure to leave you feeling energized and satisfied!
54. Red Lentil Soup by Gathering Dreams ~ 55. Herbed Cheese Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers by Making Thyme for Health
56. Curry Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls by Simply Quinoa ~ 57. Vegan Chopped Salad with Spiced Chickpeas by Simply Quinoa
58. Lentil Balls with Zesty Rice (Vegan Meal Prep) by Jessica in the kitchen ~ 59. Roasted Chickpea Veggie Wrap by Bakerita
60. Cauliflower and Potato Curry (Aloo Gobi Masala) by Jessica in the Kitchen ~ 61. Vegan Taco Salad Bowl with Carrot Walnut Taco Meat by Vegan Richa
62-71. Best vegan sandwich recipes
And if you love sandwiches, I have 10 of the most delicious vegan sandwich recipes for you!
I am not suggesting for a minute that you should have dessert every day…or am I? Oh well, the recipes are here, so you can do whatever you like with them!
All I can say is that somehow I found myself trying most of them, and they are all delicious!
72. Chocolate Chunk Banana Baked Oatmeal by Bakerita
This delicious twist on classic oatmeal is pure heaven! This healthier oatmeal has no added sweetener; it’s sweetened entirely with ripe banana and chocolate chunks.
73. Raw Vegan Tiramisu Bites by The Loopy Whisk ~ 74. Peanut Butter Banana Splits by Healthy Little Vittles
75. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding by Bakerita
This chocolate peanut butter chia pudding tastes like dessert, but it’s made with wholesome ingredients that you can enjoy even for breakfast! It’s gluten-free, vegan, packed with protein, and it tastes like a peanut butter cup – what’s not to love?
76. 4-Ingredient Salted Caramel Chocolate Cups by Jessica in the Kitchen ~ 77. Healthy Vegan Nutella Brownies by Simply Quinoa
78. Blueberry Crisp Tart with Oatmeal Crust by Bakerita
This blueberry crisp tart with oatmeal crust comes together quickly and easily, and it’s the perfect use for your fresh blueberries!
79. Raw Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake by The Loopy Whisk ~ 80. Vegan Coconut Panna Cotta by Green Evi
81. Raw Carrot Cake with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting by Minimalist Baker
This raw vegan carrot cake is made with 10 wholesome ingredients! Tender, 30 minutes to make, and topped with an optional cashew cheese cream frosting!
82. Fudgy Vegan Brownies by Lazy Cat Kitchen ~ 83. Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Torte by Lazy Cat Kitchen
84. Apple Crumble Pie by Yummy Yummy Kitchen ~ 85. 1-Bowl carrot apple snack cake by Minimalist Baker
86. Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts by A Virtual Vegan ~ 87. No-Bake Chocolate and Chickpea Cake by Green Evi
If you are looking for vegan snack recipes to add to your meal prep box or eat on the run, I have the 15 best recipes!
88. No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls by Gathering Dreams
These 5-ingredient no-bake peanut butter balls are ready in record time and only contain healthy, easy to find ingredients.
89. Edamame Recipes by Gathering Dreams ~ 90. Apple Nachos by Gathering Dreams
91-100+. More Vegan Snacks Recipes
And if you love vegan snacks, I have 15 of the most delicious recipes for you!
100+ Healthy Vegan Meal Prep Ideas
- whole-wheat pasta
- sweet potatoes
- legumes (chickpeas, beans, lentils)
How To Meal Prep Vegan Recipes
- Pick one of the meal prep recipes above.
- Click on the link to find the details of ingredients and instructions.
- Prep your meal in no time and be ready for the week ahead!
How To Create Your Own Vegan Meal Prep Recipes
- For the perfect balanced meal, you need to add carbs, green veggies, and protein!
- Make sure you add one ingredient from the list above in each group.
- Make sure you add protein to all your meals: I love lentils and chickpeas. Tofu and tempeh are a great alternative to legumes from time to time.
- The best ways to cook healthy vegetables are steaming, baking, or stir-frying (but try not to use more than half a tablespoon of oil per person per meal).
- Try to pick unprocessed carbs like quinoa, or brown rice, and whole-wheat pasta.
Start meal planning now!
Wow! We reached the end of this amazing collection of plant-based meal prep recipes!
Which ones do you love?
And if you want to check out some more healthy meal prep ideas, have a look at these incredible recipes!