YOU HAVE TO TRY IT! SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU BUY IN THE STORE!
Every time we have a party at a friend’s house, I am normally in charge of two things: salad and snacks or appetizers.
Hummus is one of my staple party foods – great with some raw carrots, peppers and celery sticks or some focaccia bread. Delicious!
I started to make hummus at home a few years ago and never looked back! It’s so easy and tastes so much better than anything you buy in the store: there is no reason not to try it!
I love chickpeas in any form, they’re one of my favourite legumes: really filling and packed with fibre. When I am in a hurry I make this hummus with canned chickpeas, but if I have time, I use a batch of boiled chickpeas. I won’t judge however which way you decide to make it. Just remember, it’s perfectly delicious and much better than anything you’ll ever buy!
- 1 can (15 oz. - 240g) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 tablespoons water
- A pinch of salt
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. If the hummus is a bit too thick, add some more water. Taste to check seasoning.
- Garnish with toppings. You can choose from smoked paprika, fresh parsley, red chilli flakes and/or a drizzle of olive oil.
- The hummus keeps refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three or four days.
Follow us on PINTEREST for more delicious recipes!