This article may contain links from our partners. We may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please read our disclosure and how we make money for more info.
THIS EASY HUMMUS RECIPE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU BUY IN THE STORE. TRY IT!
Every time we have a party at a friend’s house, I am normally in charge of two things: salad and snacks or appetizers.
Hummus is one of my staple party foods – great with some raw carrots, peppers and celery sticks or some pita bread. Delicious!
I started making hummus at home a few years ago and never looked back! It’s so easy and tastes so much better than anything you buy in the store: there is no reason not to try it! It’s quick and easy: just throw all the ingredients in a food processor and in less than 5 minutes you’ll get a smooth and velvety spread, perfect for any occasion!
I love chickpeas in any form, they’re one of my favorite legumes: really filling and packed with fiber. When I am in a hurry I make this easy hummus with canned chickpeas, but if I have time, I use a batch of boiled chickpeas. I won’t judge however which way you decide to make it.
Just remember, it’s perfectly delicious and much better than anything you’ll ever buy!
Easy Hummus Recipe
- 15 oz. chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 tablespoons water
- A pinch of salt
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. If the hummus is a bit too thick, add some more water. Taste to check seasoning.
- Garnish with toppings. You can choose from smoked paprika, fresh parsley, red chili flakes and/or a drizzle of olive oil.
- The hummus keeps refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three or four days.
If you love Middle East flavors check out this QUICK AND EASY MIDDLE EASTERN LENTIL SOUP
If you are interested in starting your own blog, have a look at my step-by-step guide! I will show you everything you need to do to start a successful money-making blog!
Check out all the best resources for your blog! I find all these resources so valuable and I am sure they will help you as much as they helped me.