THESE 5-INGREDIENT NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS ARE READY IN RECORD TIME, AND ONLY CONTAIN HEALTHY, EASY TO FIND INGREDIENTS (GF, VEGAN, PROTEIN-PACKED)
I have been cooking since I was 9 years old. My passion for food started with baking. I loved baking cakes for my family’s birthday parties! Since then life got busier, but my passion for food hasn’t changed!
But lately, I’m trying to cut down on refined sugar as much as I can.
Plus, between working, blogging and traveling around, I don’t have as much time in the kitchen as I used to. And I always find myself craving for a healthy snack during my afternoons.
I discovered no-bake energy bites only a few years ago, and I’ve been in love with them ever since!
These no-bake peanut butter balls are incredibly easy to make, quite cheap, contain only 5 simple ingredients and are alarmingly good!
So, what’s in these vegan energy balls?
- Peanut butter
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- Cocoa powder
And these are the reasons why I love these healthy peanut butter balls so much:
- Insanely easy to make and ready in 10 minutes!
- Made with just 5 simple cheap ingredients, that you won’t struggle to find in your food cupboard
- Full of proteins and healthy fats
- Peanut buttery and chocolaty, with a slight crunch
- Made with only whole, healthy ingredients and naturally sweetened
- Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
- Perfect as your go-to everyday snack!
These healthy no-bake peanut butter balls are perfect if you are a fan of meal prep on Sunday! They store well for a week in the fridge and are perfect to be made ahead of time. Ideal for travel, work snack, hikes, school (kids LOVED them!), road trips!
Handy Tips for Making No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- If you don’t like chocolate (really?!), you can just omit it from the ingredients. Your peanut butter energy bites will still be delicious.
- If your dates are a bit dry, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well. Or, if you are in a hurry, just add a couple of tablespoons of water when you are processing.
- Keep them resting: by leaving your energy bites in the fridge for a few hours, the ingredients will stick together and the flavors will blend to reach complete awesomeness!
- You can use any kind of nut butter in this recipe: almond butter, cashew butter, hazelnut butter…just make sure your nut butter doesn’t contain anything else but nuts (no added oil or salt).
- Same for dry nuts: you can substitute peanuts with almonds, hazelnuts, cashew nuts…anything you like!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- 3/4 cup (95g) peanuts
- 1 cup (200g) medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder vegan
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (30g) gluten-free rolled oats
- Add oats, cocoa powder, peanut butter, peanuts, and pulse until it's fully mixed. If the mix is a bit dry, add a couple of tablespoons of water to make it a bit stickier.
- Use your hands to roll into 1-inch balls. You should be able to make 15-16 balls with this dose.
- Place the rolled balls into the fridge to firm up for about 15-30 minutes. Or, if you are as impatient as I am, you can just eat them immediately!
- Store in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them if you want to store for longer.
If you are interested in starting your own blog, have a look at my step-by-step guide! I will show you everything you need to do to start a successful blog!