Are you looking for vibrant recipes that incorporate seasonal veggies? These healthy spring dinner ideas are here to make mealtime a breeze! These dishes are made with wholesome ingredients and are super easy to whip up after work.
If you’re anything like me, you always breathe a sigh of relief when the weather warms up and the days get longer.
As that means spring is coming (and summer isn’t far behind!).
Don’t get me wrong. I’m a huge fan of bundling up on the couch with warm soups and hearty stews.
But there’s something special about enjoying seasonal springtime goodies for every meal!
To help you fight indecisiveness around mealtime, I’ve rounded up a few spring dinner ideas made with wholesome, nourishing ingredients!
What’s In Season in Spring (March To May)?
Spring is a truly magical time that brings a burst of mouthwatering vegetables and fruits to our plates, adding a splash of color and crunchy textures.
These are just some scrumptious springtime delights:
- Fava beans
- Green onions
- Spring onions
More Healthy Recipes You’ll Love
- 50+ Vegan Easter Recipes
- 25 Vegan Easter Desserts
- 30+ Healthy Lunch Ideas
- 50+ Quick And Easy Dinner Recipes
- 35 Meatless Monday Recipes
- 25 Healthy Vegetarian Meal Prep
Spring Recipes: Asparagus Pesto Pasta
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil.
- Chop the asparagus into small bits, making sure to remove and discard the fibrous ends if needed. Wash them, and blanch them in the boiling water for about 5 minutes until slightly tender. Drain the asparagus and rinse them under cold water to stop them from cooking. Set the asparagus tips aside as we will use them for decoration.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instruction. Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pistachios (or nut of your choice) to your blender or food processor and blitz.
- Then add the cooked asparagus, garlic, lemon juice, parsley leaves, olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and mix it with the asparagus pesto. Toss well until combined. Add some of the cooking water to the pasta to make the pasta silky and saucy. Plate the pasta, add the asparagus tips you kept on the side, sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve while hot.