These incredibly cozy and hearty fall recipes are perfect for satisfying your cravings! From pumpkin to carrots, from fall soups to comforting pasta, these incredibly easy fall dinner ideas are ready in no time and will warm up your evenings. The perfect fall recipes for a cozy night in!
With autumn knocking on our doors, I am ready for hearty vegetables and intimate flavors to take over my kitchen.
Dinner is different in autumn. Days get shorter; you start noticing a distinctive color in the evening sky.
Leaves start turning yellow, then brown.
It’s a season of warmth and coziness, and we start looking for comforting autumn recipes to fill our plates and our soul.
Plus, who doesn’t love a good old pumpkin pie?
What foods should we be eating in autumn?
Eating seasonally is as important as eating healthy food. Vegetables grown in the right season give your body more nutrients to fight the beginning of the cold season.
These foods are in season in fall and are the perfect addition to your diet:
- Root vegetables: Carrots, any type of squash, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes.
- Whole grains: Brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, and oats.
- Legumes: Lentils, beans, chickpeas, soybeans.
- Green vegetables: Broccoli, spinach, kale, and artichokes.
- Fruit: Apples, pomegranates, citrus fruits, and pears.
- Mushrooms: Cremini mushroom, shitake mushrooms, but also seasonal wild mushrooms!
- Spices: Ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon.
- Herbs: Parsley, rosemary, dill.
Look for them at your local farmers’ market for the best fresh autumn produce.
More Healthy Fall Recipes
- 35 Vegan Fall Recipes
- 30+ Fall Soup Recipes
- 25 Best Vegan Mushroom Recipes You’ll Fall in Love With!
- 31 Healthy Mushroom Recipes You’ll Want To Make Right Now
Have you tried any of these easy fall recipes? Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite!
Ready to cook a comforting, hearty dinner?
I hope these easy fall recipes helped you decide what you will cook tonight!
Let me know in the comment what’s your favorite dinner to cook this fall!
Fall Recipes: Tuscan Farro Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 carrots - diced
- 1 celery stalk - diced
- 2 medium potatoes - chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans - 15oz, rinsed
- 1 cup quick cook farro - (see note 1)
- 1 can tomato sauce - 15oz
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups cavolo nero or kale - chopped thick stalks removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is tender and translucent. Then add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped carrot, celery, potatoes, tomato sauce, farro, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cavolo nero and cannellini beans and cook on low heat for another 5-8 minutes, until the greens are tender (see note 2).
- If the soup is too thick for your liking, add more broth or a bit of water to thin it down. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped parsley, mix well and serve hot.