Some of the links below are affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
CAN YOU GUESS THE SECRET INGREDIENT IN THESE DELICIOUS FUDGY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES?
This has to be one of the best chocolate brownie recipes, ever. Not only are they fudgy and sweet, but they are super healthy too!
It’s inspired by a recipe on The Minimalist Baker (Amazing blog! Love it).
These brownies contain a secret ingredient that none of your guests will ever guess! Don’t tell them what’s in them, let them have a couple of bites, and then reveal the secret ingredient! It’ll be too late for them to stop eating, because they are too delicious!
When I heard about this recipe, I couldn’t believe this was actually going to work. The secret ingredient is black beans!
These chocolate black bean brownies are super easy to make – loaded with fibre and protein from the beans, plus rich in omega-3 and low in sugar!
I bake these chocolate black bean brownies in small individual sizes so they are ready to eat as soon as they come out of the oven. They never last that long, but the great thing about these brownies is that they taste as delicious if you make a bigger batch and freeze them. Just defrost them two to three hours before you want to eat them, and they will be as good as freshly baked.
For a vegan alternative, substitute the egg for another banana, and you’ll have a yummy protein-packed vegan black bean brownie in no time!
- 1 can (15 oz. – 240g) cooked black beans
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (30g) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup (50g) soft brown sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut or hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Some crushed hazelnuts or walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F (180 C).
- Lightly grease a six-slot standard size muffin pan.
- Rinse and drain the black beans. You can use canned black beans or cook your own.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes, leaving aside the crushed nuts, until the batter is pretty smooth.
- Distribute the batter into the muffin tin and sprinkle the brownies with the crushed nuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool before removing from pan.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days or freeze them if you want to keep them longer.
Follow us on PINTEREST for more delicious recipes!