This healthy frozen yogurt bark with fresh fruit, crunchy granola, and nuts is the perfect snack for warmer days. It’s made with simple ingredients and is loaded with plenty of protein to tide you over until your next meal!
If you’re on the hunt for healthy snacks that the whole family can enjoy, I’ve got just the right thing for you.
This frozen yogurt bark recipe combines plain Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, blueberries, and crunchy toppings.
And trust me, it’ll satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth (without any added sugar, BTW!).
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Greek yogurt: I recommend using full-fat yogurt for the best texture. The extra fat doesn’t let the bark solidify too much and makes the final product creamier and smoother. You can use flavored yogurt if you prefer, but make sure there’s no added sugar to keep it healthy.
- Diced strawberries: Frozen berries work fine in this recipe. But I prefer using fresh fruits as you can chop them smaller!
- Blueberries and raspberries: Berries add a great pop of color and a subtle natural sweetness to the bark.
- Vanilla powder: I love the incredible aroma of pure vanilla powder, but you can also use a good quality vanilla extract.
- Chopped nuts or granola: Chopped nuts give this bark texture and a hit of healthy fat (here, I used almonds)! But you can’t go wrong with a handful of homemade granola for an amazing crunch and a generous dose of fiber.
- Maple syrup (optional): If you adore healthy sweet treats, maple syrup (or a little honey!) will make this snack taste dessert-like.
Also, check: 25 Summer Snacks (Healthy + Easy)
How to Make This Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Prepare your baking sheet: To start with, you’ll need to line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix the ingredients: Whisk together the Greek yogurt, maple syrup (if using it), and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Form the base of your bark: Spread the Greek yogurt mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. It should be around ¼ inch thick (5-6mm).
- Add the toppings: Sprinkle the diced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and chopped nuts or granola on top of the yogurt layer as evenly as possible.
- Get things frozen: Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until the yogurt is frozen solid.
- Break up your bark: Once it’s frozen, use a knife, a pizza cutter, or your hands to break the bark into smaller pieces.
- Serve and enjoy: You can either chow down on this bark immediately or keep it in the freezer in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat!
How to Store
You can store this frozen yogurt bark in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month. You can add some parchment paper between layers to make sure it won’t stick to itself.
I find that the texture and flavor change slightly over time. So, it’s best to consume it within a couple of weeks!
If your bark has frozen a little too hard, you can let it sit at room temperature to soften for a few minutes.
Other Ingredients and Substitutions
Make it vegan
Replace the Greek yogurt in this recipe with coconut yogurt or any other dairy-free yogurt.
Make it more indulgent
I’m a fan of adding chocolate chips, raisins, and coconut flakes to make things slightly sinful.
And hey, a drip of melted chocolate or some cacao nibs are also excellent add-ons too!
Use any fruit or nuts
You can easily switch out the fresh berries for your favorite fruit.
Mango, kiwi, peach, and cranberries are all wonderful options, but it’s all down to personal preference!
When it comes to nuts, experiment with macadamia nuts, pecans, peanuts, or pistachios.
Why I Love This Frozen Yogurt Bark
- It’s a tasty way to cool down during the summertime!
- You can make it ahead and store it in the freezer.
- It’s packed with vitamins and healthy fats from fruit and Greek yogurt.
- It can be made vegan and is naturally gluten-free!
More Sweet Snack Recipes You’ll Love
- No Bake Granola
- Apple Nachos
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Yogurt Parfait
- Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
If you try this frozen yogurt bark recipe, please leave a comment and a rating and let me know how much you liked it!
Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, maple syrup (if using), and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread the yogurt mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the diced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and chopped nuts or granola over the top of the yogurt layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until the yogurt is completely frozen.
- Once frozen, use a knife or your hands to break the bark into smaller pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @gatheringdreams on Instagram. I want to see it!