Looking for something new to jazz up Meatless Monday this week? These incredible vegan noodle recipes are loaded with nutritious ingredients and are super simple to whip up. Plus, they’ll have your taste buds tingling and your stomach full-to-bursting!
There’s virtually nothing better than a bowl of piping-hot noodles when you’ve had a rough day at work.
So, to spice up your weekly menu, I’ve narrowed down the best vegan noodle recipes that are loaded with healthy ingredients!
That way, you can enjoy the taste of classic Chinese takeout without the excessive oil and MSG.
From simple stir-fries to comforting ramen and Thai-inspired dishes, you won’t know where to start!
What noodles are best for vegans?
When it comes to deciding which kind of noodles to use in your recipe, it’s all about considering texture and flavor.
Let me break down the best options for you:
- Rice Noodles: Perfect for dishes like Pad Thai or noodle salads. Light and delicate. A great option if you are looking for a gluten-free alternative.
- Soba Noodles: Made from buckwheat (gluten-free). Nutty in flavor, they are ideal for stir-fries or cold noodle dishes with a splash of soy.
- Udon Noodles: These chunky noodles absorb flavors brilliantly. Brilliant for vegan miso soup or hearty broths.
- Standard Pasta: Yes, you can use spaghetti as noodles (Asian friends, don’t kill me!). Most pasta is vegan – made with just durum wheat and water. But always check the packet, especially with fresh pasta, as it could contain some sneaky eggs.
- Whole Wheat and Spelt Pasta: Nutty in taste. Brilliant with robust sauces, think miso or tahini.
What vegan meat substitutes can I use in noodle dishes?
There are plenty of options when it comes to adding protein and a meaty texture to your vegan noodles:
- Tofu: Of course, the classic! Soft or firm, it soaks up flavors like a sponge. You can fry it, grill it, or throw it in soups; it’s a blank canvas waiting for you!
- Tempeh: An Indonesian superstar made from fermented soybeans. It’s incredibly nutritious and crumbles beautifully, and its nutty flavor works a treat in noodle stir-fries.
- Seitan: Aka wheat meat. With its meaty texture, it’s a top choice for noodle dishes craving a bit of ‘chew.’ Marinate it in your favorite sauce, and it’s a game-changer!
- Jackfruit: Although not as nutritionally dense as tofu and tempeh, its texture, especially when young and unripe, can mimic shredded chicken or pork! Toss it in some Asian-style sauce and combine it with your noodles. Heavenly! Check this recipe for inspiration.
- Lentils: These humble legumes pack a protein punch. Cook them in a spicy noodle broth, and they can mimic the richness of mince.
- Mushrooms: Especially your chunky portobellos or shiitakes. Slice them up, and they bring a lovely umami flavor and bite. They are great for broths, stir-fries, and everything in between.
And now, let’s get drooling with some of these incredible recipes!
More Vegan Recipes You’ll Love
- 35 Meatless Monday Recipes That Are Easy And Delicious
- 35 Easy Chickpea Recipes
- 35 High-Protein Vegan Recipes Perfect For Dinner
- 4 Vegan Meal Prep Bowls
- 31 Best Chickpea Flour Recipes
- 25 Best Vegan Sandwich Recipes
- 25 Vegan Butternut Squash Recipes
- 25 Healthy Vegan Snacks
25 Best Vegan Noodle Recipes
- Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles
- Vegan Stir Fry Noodles
- Garlic Sesame Noodles
- Vegan Sesame Beef Yaki Udon Noodles
- Vegan Ramen
- Vegan Stir Fry Sesame Noodles
- Coconut Curry Zoodle Ramen
- Sesame Noodles
- Vegan Tahini Noodles
- Gochujang Noodles
- Vegan Coconut Curry Soup with Noodles
- Yaki Udon
- Peanut Noodles
- Vegan Bun Noodles
- Thai Red Curry Tofu Noodle Soup
- Vegan Pad See Ew
- Tofu Sesame Noodle Bowl
- Fried Vermicelli Bangladeshi Noodles
- Teriyaki Tofu Noodle Salad
- Vegan Soba Noodle Salad
- Pad Pak Thai
- Soba Cucumber Noodles
- Udon Noodles
- Easy Tofu Pad Thai
- Bok Choy Wild Mushroom Miso Soba Bowl
- Select your favorite recipe from the list above.
- Prepare all the ingredients you’ll need.
- Prep your favorite vegan noodle recipe in no time!