If you’re on the hunt for meal prep for weight loss that isn’t super restrictive, I’ve got you. These super-nutritious meals are loaded with protein and healthy fats and are delicious and tasty enough to keep you satisfied!
I’m a firm believer that eating for weight loss doesn’t need to be painful.
Seriously, there’s no need to stick with salads (without dressing!) or whip up endless chicken and broccoli.
These meal prep ideas for weight loss prove that you can have everything from pasta to Mexican food totally guilt-free.
These dishes will help you reach your goal without feeling hungry all the time.
What Does Meal Prep Mean?
Meal prep is the concept of making whole meals ahead of time that you can just pull out of the fridge and eat.
It also means chopping ingredients ready to whip up the next day.
Having meals made ahead of time or batch-cooking is incredibly useful to stick to a healthy regime, as you will always have something filling and nutritious ready in the fridge.
Top Tips To Lose Weight With Meal Prep
1. Start with a Plan: Before you do anything else, sit down and map out your meals for the week. Include a few snack ideas so you’re not caught off-guard when hunger strikes. If you need any help and are not sure where to start, check out my meal planning templates.
2. Focus on Whole Foods: Base your meals around whole, unprocessed foods. These usually have more fiber, which can keep you fuller longer, and are less calorie-dense than processed foods. So opt for things like wholegrain rice and pasta or smoothies instead of juices.
3. Eat lots of Veggies: Fill half of your plate with veggies. Make them the star of your meals. They are both low in calories and high in nutrients. Then add some protein (about ¼ of the place) and complex carbs ( think sweet potatoes, wholegrain pasta or rice, quinoa, etc.).
4. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate: Sometimes, our bodies confuse thirst for hunger. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Having water before meals can also help control your appetite. But keep it to water (or try infused water if you want to spice things up). Avoid fizzy drinks and juices, as they are filled with empty calories (yes, even sugar-free zero-calorie drinks – as they trick our body and blood sugar balance).
5. Practice Mindful Eating: Eat slowly, chew thoroughly, and savor each bite. This can help you to feel more satisfied and avoid overeating. But also: learn to listen to your body and stop eating if you are not hungry. You don’t have to finish your meal if you don’t feel like it.
But the most important tip of all is to Forgive Yourself. Not every day will be perfect, and that’s okay. If you have an off day, show yourself compassion and remember that it won’t delete all your progress.
More Healthy Meal Prep Ideas
- 25 High Protein Meal Prep Recipes (Easy + Healthy)
- 25 Healthy Meal Prep Ideas To Simplify Your Life
- 25 Healthy Vegetarian Meal Prep Ideas
- 25 Healthy Meal Prep Snacks Perfect To Make Ahead
- 25 Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas For Busy Mornings
Have you tried any of these weight loss meal prep recipes? Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite!
25 Best Meal Prep Ideas For Weight Loss
- Protein Salad
- Mediterranean Lunch Box
- Teriyaki Bento Box
- Hummus Bowl
- Cajun Shrimp and Veggies
- Japanese Bento Box
- Chicken Fajita Bowls
- Mexican Quinoa
- Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Tofu Coconut Curry
- Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs
- Vegetarian Bento Box
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Vegan Chickpea Curry
- Salmon Patties with Coleslaw
- Garlic Butter Salmon and Asparagus
- Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Greek Vegetables
- Chicken Patties
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Tofu Sesame Noodle Bowl
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Salad
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Select your favorite recipe from the list above.
- Pick all the ingredients you'll need.
- Prep your favorite meal prep for weight loss in no time!