These spooky little monster energy balls are more cute than scary! They look incredibly fun but are super easy to make. Even better, it’s a healthy Halloween treat that doesn’t compromise on taste – they’re absolutely delicious!
I can’t believe Autumn is already around the corner!
And all I can think of, especially on a rainy day like today, is spooky Halloween treats.
I have been wanting to create some creepy little monsters for a while, and when I was making my no-bake peanut butter balls, I came up with a super cute idea.
Scary spiders and spooky bats made of delicious chocolaty and peanut buttery balls!
Plus, I am all for quick and easy desserts.
And these are so easy your kids will love giving you a hand (and adults too, believe it or not!).
Those eyes are so cute. You can’t stop looking at them!
Ingredients You’ll Need
All you need to make these Scary Monster Bites are 5 simple ingredients:
- Peanut butter
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- Cocoa powder
And 2 bits for the decorations:
These Halloween treats are also vegan and delicious!
How To Make These Scary Halloween Monster Energy Balls
- Mix: Pulse the pitted dates in a food processor for a couple of minutes. When they form a smooth paste, you can add the oats, cocoa powder, peanut butter, peanuts, and pulse.
- Shape the monsters: Use your hands to roll into 1-inch balls. While the balls are still soft and sticky, press two candy eyeballs into each ball.
- Decorate: Cut the licorice bars into thin strips. Cut the bat wings using round cutters and the spider legs (6 per spider) using a knife. Press into the cookie ball.
- Refrigerate: Place the scary monster balls into the fridge to firm up for about 15-30 minutes.
More Halloween Recipes
- 25 Healthy Halloween Treats: Spooky Recipes For Trick Or Treat!
- 25 Easy Halloween Desserts That Are Scary Simple to Make
- Meringue Ghosts
If you try this monster bite recipe, please leave a comment and a rating and let me know how much you liked it!
Scary Monster Energy Balls
No-bake peanut butter balls
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Pulse the pitted dates in a food processor for a couple of minutes until they form a smooth paste.
- Add oats, cocoa powder, peanut butter, peanuts, and blend. If the mix is a bit dry, add a couple of tablespoons of water to make it a bit stickier (for tips and tricks, check my peanut butter balls recipe here).
- Use your hands to roll into 1-inch balls (you should be able to make around 16 balls).
- While the balls are still soft and sticky, press two candy eyeballs into each ball.
- Cut the licorice bars into thin strips. Cut the bats wings using round cutters, and the spider legs (6 per spider) using a knife.
- Press into the cookie ball. If the licorice is too soft, you can use a toothpick to make a small hole in the balls before pressing the wings or legs.
- Place the scary monsters balls into the fridge to firm up for about 15-30 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @gatheringdreams on Instagram. I want to see it!