Healthy Hot Chocolate (Vegan)
A thick, creamy, and indulgent, healthy hot chocolate that you can drink every day without feeling guilty! (Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free)
Healthy Hot Chocolate For 2 People
- coconut whipped cream
- cacao nibs
To Make Your Healthy Hot Chocolate
To Make a Jar Of Hot Chocolate Mix
Mix the oat flour and the cocoa powder in a pretty jar, like this one.
When you are ready to make your hot chocolate, simply add 2 tablespoons of the mixture, 1 cup of oat milk, and one tablespoon of maple syrup for each cup of hot chocolate you want to make.
Nutrition facts are per serving without toppings (one regular mug).
Tip: if you prefer a lighter consistency, just use 2 tbsp of oat flour. For a thicker consistency, use 4. But try it as it is first! I think it's just perfect.
Some healthy hot chocolate alternatives you can try:
- Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix: Add a pinch of vanilla bean or vanilla powder to the mix.
- Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Mix: Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract to the ingredients.
- Mocha Hot chocolate: Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee into the mix to get a kick of caffeine.
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate: This is if you really want to indulge...Add 2 teaspoons of peanut butter!
- Spicy Hot Chocolate: One of my favorites, to warm me up in the winter and boost my immune system. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric, plus 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder and a pinch of black pepper.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 492IU | Calcium: 383mg | Iron: 3mg