Strawberry Overnight Oats
These strawberry overnight oats will soon become your new favorite breakfast. They taste like summer in a bowl, and you can make them in 5 minutes! Simply throw all the ingredients in a jar or a bowl, let them sit in the fridge overnight, and be ready to be blown away by their creaminess and deliciousness!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk - (or oat milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, soya milk, etc.)
- 1/2 tablespoon flax seeds - (or chia seeds or both)
- 1/2 cup strawberries - fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - (or any other sweetener of your choice - optional)
- Fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt - (or any other unsweetened yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
Place the rolled oats, flax seeds and/or chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup, and chopped strawberries in an 8oz glass jar or small bowl. Stir well with a spoon.
Cover the container with a lid or wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (but overnight gives a better texture).
The next day, open the container, stir the oats. If needed, add a bit more almond milk. Top the oats with coconut yogurt, fresh chopped strawberries, coconut flakes, and serve.
Strawberries: You can either use fresh or frozen.
If you want to warm up your overnight oats: Place them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, before adding any toppings. Make sure to add more liquid as needed if oats are too thick.
How to store: You can keep them in the fridge for up 2-3 days.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate per bowl.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 2mg