Healthy Apple Nachos With Peanut Butter And Chocolate Nibs
These apple nachos with creamy peanut butter and crunchy chocolate nibs are the perfect 5-minute snack if you crave something sweet! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
- 2 apples - (pink ladies, granny smith, honey crisp, fuji, or any other type)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter - (or any other nut butter)
- 1 tbsp chocolate nibs - (or chocolate chips)
- 1 tbs chopped hazelnuts - (or walnuts, peanuts, almonds, etc.)
- The juice of half a lemon - optional
- A sprinkle of cinnamon - optional
Wash the apples. Cut them into quarters and remove the core. Then slice them into thin slices. Squeeze half a lemon on a plate and coat the apple slices. This will keep them from browning. Skip this step if you are going to eat the apple nachos straight away.
Layer the apples in a nice circle on a plate.
Warm the peanut butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. This will make it more spreadable and easy to drizzle on the apples. If you don't have a microwave, simply place the peanut butter in a heatproof bowl and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water (bain-marie), stirring occasionally, until warm.
Drizzle the peanut butter on top of the apples, sprinkle with cinnamon, chocolate nibs, and chopped nuts. Enjoy!
- I used peanut butter, but a great alternative is almond butter or any other nut butter. And if you want to make your apple nachos extra decadent, try drizzling them with homemade Nutella. Pure heaven!
- If you don't have cholate nibs, you can use chocolate chips.
You can store apple nachos in the fridge in a glass container like this for 2-3 days. Just make sure to coat the apples with a good amount of lemon juice.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg