Healthy Berry Smoothie
Quick to make and naturally sweet, this thick and creamy berry smoothie is incredibly refreshing and extremely satisfying. The best berry smoothie ever!
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds - (optional)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds - (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk - (or any other liquid of your choice)
Peel the banana and cut it into chunks.
Place all the ingredients in a blender.
Blend the ingredients in a high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
Taste the smoothie, adding more oat milk if it is too thick for your liking.
Pour into a glass, bottle or mason jar.
Storage: This green smoothie is best consumed straight after blending.
Alternatives: If you feel adventurous and you want to try other options, you can experiment with some common substitutes.
Equipment: I make my smoothies in a cheap blender and it works incredibly well. If you can splurge on a Vitamix, I am sure you'll get even better results but I am a bit happy to keep things on a budget.
Nutritional values are just an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and on two servings. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
- Instead of oat milk, you can use any other plant-based milk or coconut water to keep this vegan, or use regular milk.
- If you don't like bananas, try using mango, avocado, pineapple, or peaches.
- Use any superfood instead of chia seeds. My favorites are ground flax seeds, bee pollen, almond butter, acai berry powder, coconut oil, or hemp seeds.
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 478IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 322mg | Iron: 3mg