Some of the links below are affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
A WARMING AND FILLING BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD TO DIE FOR!
Fall is once again upon us!
And every time the leaves on trees turn yellow, orange and red, I crave roasted butternut squash and pumpkins.
This colorful, warm and delicious roasted butternut squash salad with feta is one of my favorites during the first cold days in the fall.
I love it:
It’s super healthy and it makes you feel fantastic. And it tastes amazing too!
The sweetness of the roasted squash, the saltiness of the feta cheese and the punchiness of wild rocket create the perfect combination.
Pumpkin seeds help with a bit of crunchiness, and capers remind me a bit of the summer just gone.
It’s a great salad to eat on its own, and it perfect as a meal prep idea too! Just remember to add the dressing at the last minute.
I also love adding smoked paprika. It has a warming but palatable heat with a complex depth and it goes amazingly well with the saltiness of the crumbled feta.
Roasted butternut squash is an incredible source of beta-carotene which helps to preserve eyesight, and its antioxidant properties help to keep those annoying colds at bay. I love to keep the skin on the butternut squash as I really enjoy the texture when roasted, and it also makes it so much quicker to prepare!
The addition of chickpeas will give this salad a boost of protein and fiber and will help to fill you up if you eat this salad on its own.
This roasted butternut squash salad is so quick and easy to make, you can prep everything while the butternut squash is roasting, and in 30 minutes you’ll have an amazing healthy lunch or dinner!
I hope you will enjoy this yummy salad!
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad With Feta
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- A handful of wild rocket
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 3.5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds, then cut into cubes. Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, smoked paprika, and add a pinch of black pepper.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. After 10 minutes add the chickpeas. Roast until tender for 20-25 minutes.
- While the squash and chickpeas are roasting, wash the rocket and finely chop the capers.
- Once the butternut squash and chickpeas have finished roasting, remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. Place in a bowl, add the rocket, the crumbled feta cheese, and the chopped capers.
- Toss with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and pumpkin seeds. Serve while still warm.
Follow us on PINTEREST for more delicious recipes!
If you are interested in starting your own blog, have a look at my step-by-step guide! I will show you everything you need to do to start a successful money-making blog!
Check out all the best resources for your blog! I find all these resources so valuable and I am sure they will help you as much as they helped me.