This article may contain links from our partners. We may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link. Please read our disclosure and how we make money.
This spring salad is colorful and vibrant, bursting with fresh seasonal ingredients to brighten up your day. Asparagus, lamb’s lettuce, crunchy radishes, and spring onions are brought together by a simple lemon dressing. A perfect elegant and pretty side dish for your table!
With spring finally here, I am really looking forward to using more fresh ingredients. And making a spring salad is the perfect way to welcome the new life in the air.
Nature is starting to wake up, and there is nothing more exciting and refreshing than a colorful, bright salad.
Last weekend it was raining like usual here, and I craved something to lighten up my day. And this salad was just what I needed to remind me that warm weather was just around the corner.
Made with raw ingredients, this vibrant green salad is a feast of seasonal vegetables.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Fresh radishes
- Tender lamb’s lettuce (mache salad)
- Spring onions
- Plus lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper for the creamy lemon dressing.
This salad is absolutely delicious on its own for a very light lunch (by simply adding some lentils or chickpeas) or as a side dish for your meal.
It’s also naturally vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
You are probably wondering about the pretty edible flowers…You really don’t have to add edible flowers if you can’t find them.
They are simply there because, as a food blogger, I LOVE to make everything pretty! But they make a great addition if you are thinking of making this salad as an Easter dinner side dish.
But this salad is as beautiful and delicious without them!
Other perfect spring salad greens and ingredients that are in season and would be a perfect addition to this salad:
- Arugula (rocket)
- Fava beans
- Spring lettuce
- Strawberries (yes!)
- Any fresh herbs you have in the garden
How to prep this spring salad ahead
This salad is also perfect to make-ahead for meal prep – ideal for your spring picnics & brunches.
Just cut the veggies and store them overnight in an airtight container or jar. They will stay nice and crisp. Add the dressing when you are ready to serve.
Other salad recipes you’ll love:
- 4 cups lamb's lettuce (mache salad)
- 10-12 tender asparagus
- 10 medium radishes finely sliced
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- A handful of salad cress (optional)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Slice the asparagus into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Place the lamb's lettuce (mache salad), asparagus' ribbons, radish, salad cress, and spring onions in a bowl.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl or a jar, mix the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Add the dressing to the salad, and toss well.
- Arrange the salad on a platter and decorate it with edible flowers.
Have you made this spring salad? Let me know what you think in the comments!