Some of the links below are affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
THIS SPRING SALAD IS BURSTING WITH FRESH SPRING INGREDIENTS, PERFECT TO BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY
With Spring finally here, I am really looking forward to using fresh ingredients, and making a spring salad is the perfect way to welcome the new life in the air.
Nature is starting to wake up and there is nothing more exciting and refreshing than a colorful salad.
Last weekend it was raining like usual here, and I was craving something to brighten up our day. And this salad is the perfect mix of Spring ingredients.
So, what Spring ingredients did I use in this salad?
- fresh radish
- tender lamb’s lettuce (mache salad)
- spring onions
are the star ingredients.
This salad is absolutely delicious on its own for a very light lunch or as a side dish for dinner.
It’s also vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
You are probably wondering about the pretty edible flowers…You really don’t have to add edible flowers if you can’t find them.
They are simply there because as a food blogger I LOVE to make everything pretty! But they make a great addition if you are thinking of making this salad as an Easter dinner side this.
But this salad is as beautiful and delicious without them!
Other perfect spring salad greens and ingredients that are in season and would be a perfect addition to this salad:
- arugula (rocket)
- fava beans
- spring lettuce
- strawberries (yes!)
- any fresh herb you have in the garden
This salad is also perfect to make-ahead for meal prep – ideal for your spring picnics & brunches.
Just cut the veggies and store overnight in an airtight container or jar. They will stay nice and crisp. Add the dressing when you are ready to serve.
- 4 cups lamb's lettuce (mache salad)
- 10-12 tender asparagus
- 10 medium radish finely sliced
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- A handful of salad cress
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Slice the asparagus into ribbons.
- For the dressing, whisk together in a small bowl the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until you get a thick consistency.
- Place the lamb's lettuce (mache salad), asparagus' ribbons, radish, salad cress, and spring onions in a bowl.
- Add the dressing, mix well and serve.
AND IF YOU LOVED THIS SPRING SALAD RECIPE:
If you are interested in starting your own blog, have a look at my step-by-step guide! I will show you everything you need to do to start a successful money-making blog!
Check out all the best resources for your blog! I find all these resources so valuable and I am sure they will help you as much as they helped me.