SO GOOD AND HEALTHY, THESE BAKED FRENCH FRIES POTATOES ARE A DREAM!
I’ve been going a bit crazy with my spiralizer these last few days!
I have been writing about spiralized veggies and played around with some amazing spiralizer recipes. You can check out the blog post here:
And I had to take quite a few pictures. So I ended up with an enormous quantity of spiralized potatoes! What to do with them?
Crispy Spiralized Baked Potatoes, of course!
These spiralized potatoes are simply delicious. Super crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside!
There are a few tricks you need to keep in mind, to make sure they are baked to perfection:
- Make sure you are not spiralizing them too thin: otherwise, they will burn too quickly, without cooking
- Make sure you spread the potatoes on a big tray. Try to avoid too much overlap! If necessary, use 2 trays.
- Make sure you cover them up with oil.
These fries are great, they are super good! Perfect as a side for a burger or to eat on top of salads. They are also the perfect healthy savory snack for your afternoon!
Crispy Spiralized Baked Potatoes
- 3 medium baking potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- A Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (210°C).
- Wash and remove the skin from the potatoes and spiralize them, using a medium size blade. Spiralize the red onion as well.
- Spread out the potato and onion noodles on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, chilli flakes, dried oregano and freshly chopped rosemary.
- Toss to coat with your fingers and then place the noodles in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, if there are any pieces that are starting to brown too quickly, cover them with aluminium foil. Continue to bake the potato noodles until they crisp up, checking every couple of minutes. After 30 minutes, all noodles should be cooked and ready to eat.
- Let the fries cool for 5 minutes to crisp up a bit more and then serve immediately.